Friday, May 11, 2007

Wavy Wednseday

I went to a bar the other night. Met some new strangers, got a free drink and hung out with the resident dj. It just so happened to be his birthday. Chatting with him was my least favorite part of the evening. He couldn’t stop rambling about topics I lacked interest in like where his suit came from and how well his business was doing. The annoying part was that he saying all those things really close to me. So close, I could feel his junk rubbing up against my leg while I sat at the bar. Backing away wasn't an option. If I did, I would have been out of a chair and the possibility of another free drink. Plus, he seemed to think he was getting somewhere. Confusing my tolerance for enjoyment, he kept talking and bumping into me as if the place was packed. After a few sips of my vodka gimlet I must have unknowingly been drunk. I didn’t feel drunk, but I just couldn’t keep my drink from spilling on to my pants. Between the boring conversations, bulge rubbing and drink spilling, I found myself easily distracted by a young man sitting at the end of the bar. Not that I was the least bit interested in him, but he had this bald spot I just couldn’t keep my eyes off. It was located on the upper left side of his head highlighted by a perfectly combed thinned out wave. I was mesmerized. The night dragged on and last call finally rolled around. I said my goodbyes and was stopped by the young man with the wavy spot as I was walking out. Poor guy must had thought we a moment. I didn't mean to make eye to spot contact.

No comments: